Before the discovery of emotional intelligence as a source of benefits for human beings and their professional development fengshui, many techniques and programs that aim to introduce meditation in organizations to promote skills and personal growth in the world of medicine have come to light.
Meditation is not something new. Humanity has understood the depth of its being from the origins, although to deepen it has been the exclusive privilege of a few, for having kept this knowledge hidden for a long time.
From the origins of history and in all civilizations and religions has manifested the need to meditate in a multitude of ways, from dynamics such as Taichi or Tao in China, through the sacred books of Veda and Avesta, to the mystics Catholics, all are intertwined by the common thread of the mind-body and spirit connection.
Recently, in historical terms, meditation has been transferred to the academic and business world, probably due to the need to promote virtues such as the control of stress and emotions or creativity, in times of turmoil such as today, through techniques such as the so-called mindfulness, which is nothing more than a reformulation of the question.
After this brief introduction we went on to give some advice on how to start meditating at work.
- Find a suitable time and place. It is true that people usually spend most of the day at work (especially the countries of the South that are on a split-day basis), which is why very tight schedules are common in which there is almost no time at all. There is also the common belief that meditation requires time available and can only be practiced in the quiet of the retreat. But this is not true, any time and any place is good to meditate, is to close your eyes and take a deep breath until you reach the state of consciousness indicated, which, once achieved, will take five minutes to obtain immediate benefits. A displacement in urban transport, a wait in official body and even a traffic jam can be the right time to make our daily break,
- Advanced programs. It is true that there is all kinds of training in mindfulness, emotional intelligence, meditation of all kinds, etc., and that it is better to enter into this world at the hands of professionals (and in this we must be careful in the choice). But the truth is that to start meditating just follow one of the tutorials of eminent experts that we have available on the internet and repeat the instructions of the video every day. It is important the constancy to obtain the desired fruit.
- Extension to daily life. The state of initial relaxation that can be achieved with meditation is necessary to extend it to daily life. Making simile in religious terms, it is not worth giving alms to the poor if we then abuse other congeners.
- Where to start? Sitting five minutes a day and exercising the so-called abdominal breathing is the perfect start, and then we can learn more complex techniques to deepen inner knowledge.
- Love of neighbor the religious ancestors of Buddhist meditation indicate to us that the elevation of spirit is a gift that demands compassion for the rest of the mortals, in the sense that the undeniable increase of faculties that meditation provides must be applied in helping and improving the condition from other people who have not discovered it yet.